It was a full week, but there were a few things that made it extra special.
1) Family – Even though I spent Tuesday in Honolulu with my parents going to medical appointments, it was also spent with aunties and uncles. One couple lives in Mililani and it’s been nice getting to know them throughout my mom’s medical hardships, since they lived on the continent when I was growing up. The other couple, who I consider my third pair of parents, lives in Arizona. It’s been along time since I last saw them, but I was reminded that thanks to them, I have a need for creative expression.
2) Twinsters – If you haven’t watched this heartwarming documentary, I suggest you do. I’ve already watched it twice on Netflix. Pop!
3) Nail Polish – After 40 years and hundreds of horrible do-it-yourself manicures, I’ve finally learned how to paint my nails. I always feel a lot more girly and feminine with some new nail polish, so I’ve decided to paint my nails every week. Yay!
4) Terrace House – I’m not a fan of reality TV, but I stumbled upon this Netflix series and was pleasantly surprised at how different reality TV in Japan is from the U.S. Thank goodness for appreciating cultural norms. I’ve grown tired of people yelling and calling each other “bitches”.
5) Loafers – Sure, it’s a throwback to my 90’s style, but my current obsession with Pixie Chinos from Old Navy makes it easy to reincorporate loafers into my evolving wardrobe. They are timeless, afterall.
6) Back to Hula Fitness – This past week marked the real return to hula conditioning. I was invited to dance in Japan this summer, so to get ready, I’m back to working out daily, in addition to practices on Mondays and Wednesdays, which means extra long days since I’m up at 5:30, in the gym at 6:30, at work by 8:30, then hula at 4:30 until 8:00.
7) Kamana Kitchen – I’m fairly new to Indian food and am so happy we have Kamana Kitchen, a great Indian restaurant right here in Hilo. My favorite items on the menu are actually “sides”. I could eat the meat samosas, garlic nan, and the yummy mango lassi everyday if I could.
That’s it for me. Have a great week! In the meantime, check out other people’s weekly small pleasures.
- Weekly Small Pleasures #87 | A New Life Wandering
- This Week’s Small Pleasures: episode 10 | THISTLES AND KIWIS
- Middle Europe Weekly Small Pleasures #19 – there and back again | Middle Europe
- Weekly Small Pleasures | The life of a 40 something
Find us on social media outlets and get to know the Holoholo Girls better!